Introducing Wiki Awareness Campaign in Nepal
A campaign to improve recognition of Wikipedia and understanding of its uses among the different communities of Nepal.
This campaign is initiated and coordinated by Tulsi Bhagat and his team. It aims to increase awareness of Wikipedia across the country, Nepal.
What are we trying to accomplish with this campaign
- Improve recognition of Wikimedia projects in Nepal
- Engage new readers
- Promote Wikimedia projects in Nepal
- Promote different language wiki-communities of Nepal
- Encourage people of Nepal to freely share in the sum of all knowledge
- The Billboards Initiative: In this project, we had focused on installation of static and digital billboards around two major cities of Nepal and shared the entire project data via social media sites.
- The Calendar Initiative: In this project, we will be distributing Wiki-informative Calendars to the students of different universities, educational institution and professionals.
Tulsi Bhagat, an open source and free knowledge enthusiast is the coordinator of this project. Follow him on Twitter, @Genesis2Rise.
Originally published on Medium.com by Tulsi Bhagat, March 16, 2020